Car hire or car rental is an association that rents vehicles. They give the rental opportunity for a short period of time ranging from a few hours to a few weeks. The person, who does not own a car, can get several advantages from car rental agencies. A car rental service provider has several branches. So, it is very easy way to return the car to any branch. They are generally located near the busy city areas, airports and frequently arranged by a website permitting online reservations. Nowadays, modern car hire agencies offer additional attractive products like insurance, global positioning system (GPS) and even such things like mobile phones that are definitely beneficial to a customer.
Terms and Conditions
Though the conditions of car rental vary from one country to another and from one company to another, but there are usually some general conditions such as:
- Commonly, the vehicle should be returned in the same condition it was rented in. If it surpasses the mileage limit then extra charge may be incurred.
- Some companies restrict maximum and minimum age of drivers. The minimum age is 21 or 23.
- Driver’s license must be needed.
- Modern GPS technology restricts speed of the car.
- Most car rental companies demand the use of credit card for paying additional charges like road tax etc. Some of them also require debit card for deposits.
There are some important car rental tips mentioned below:
- Selecting a vehicle – First, the customer should decide what type of vehicle will be needed. The smallest car model is appropriate for saving money on rental rates and gas. A large sedan or SUV is available is good for travelling with children.
- Car Booking – The customer should check several car rental companies and their websites before booking the cars. Then, they get an idea of available rates in the market.
- Understanding Rentals – The customer should read carefully all terms and conditions of the car rental service provider before accepting it. They can ask any questions to the representative of the company.
- True Cost – The customer should be careful of car rental hidden costs that include state and local taxes, airport surcharges, additional driver fees, insurance, fuel bills and drop-off charges.
- Pickup Time – If the customers has personal auto insurance then they will be covered at least for collision damage. So, they should not have to buy the car rental company’s collision or loss damage waiver (CDW or LDW) insurance separately. They should also check the car lights, turn signals and the mileage odometer.
- Returning The Car – The customers must be wary of prepaid gasoline plans. Always fill the tank before returning the vehicle.
Benefits of car rentals
The customer can get these following advantages by using these car rental services.
- Most car rental agencies keep only the latest model automobiles that give good mileage.
- Some rental agencies are able to provide customers with a 9 or 15 passengers van. So, travelling with a large group of friends or extended family is possible.
- If the rented car breaks down during rental period, then the agency will provide another car at no charge.
- Car rental agencies also offer certain special types of vehicles for special occasions.
Car rental agencies, as such, are very beneficial in many respects and provide a lot of attractive offers for their customers.